Monster School Bus
- Teacher Guide
- Gameplay Video
- Common Core
Visit our website (mathsnacks.com) and go to the animation, game, or iOS app in order to download its printable resources.
Monster School Bus Common Core Standards
|4.NF||Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.|
|4.NF.7||Add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings or strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used.|
|4.NF.8||Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.|
Math Snacks Game Guidelines
- We know you may not have time to play the game all the way through. Play through at least the first level, and watch the Gameplay video for each one, to get an understanding of what changes from level to level.
- Watch the Teaching video for each game. Each is shorter than 10 minutes, and gives really important strategies for teaching with the game, and engaging students in follow up activities to help them apply what they’ve learned.
- Secure lab time and secure the proper number of computers or iPads for students. All games and animations are available online. Ratio Rumble, and Pearl Diver are also on the iPad. Most games will take 2-3 hours for students to play.
- Games can be played in different ways: students can play individually, in pairs, in small groups or in one large group using a smart board, depending on the technology available in your classroom or computer lab.
- Don’t be afraid to let the game teach. Math Snacks games aren’t designed to measure what your students already know, but to give students the chance go understand concepts. They won’t succeed at every level their first time playing, and they aren’t supposed to. Let your students make mistakes, talk with each other, create strategies and learn from those mistakes.
- Refer to the Teaching With guide for each game for more recommendations.